Hospital for Criminal Mental defectives – Z Ward
Originally known as “L Ward” until 1932, building commenced in September 1884 and it was completed in 1885. A new dining room (since demolished) was added by A.R. Green in 1955 at a cost of £6,397.
A condition of the building contract for the Ha Ha security wall was that it “had to be built at the same height at the same time and that as many tradesmen and laborers as possible had to be employed at the one time.
To see more images of the Z Ward please click here.
Good Morning, here is the video presentation of Z Ward remembering the open day provided by Beach Energy….